EREMA Group acquires 60 % stake in PLASMAC

On 1 January 2019, the Austrian EREMA Group acquired 60 % of the recycling machine manufacturer PLASMAC Srl to further expand its range of tailor-made plastic recycling solutions for in-house applications. The remaining 40 % of the recycling machine manufacturer is owned by SYNCRO Group, a manufacturer in Italy that makes equipment for the blown film industry. 

PLASMAC has been active worldwide as a manufacturer of recycling plants since 1994 and was previously based in Aylesbury/England. In June 2018 the SYNCRO Group relocated the business to Busto Arsizio/Italy and in January 2019 Plasmac Srl was newly established. The CEO of PLASMAC Srl is Gabriele Caccia, who is also CEO of the SYNCRO Group. PLASMAC has comprehensive expertise in edge trim recycling and with their Alpha direct feed extruder and Omega shredder-extruder system offers easy-to-use solutions for throughputs of up to 250 kg/h. This range is supplemented by the Powerfeed edge trim transport system. „These machines and components expand our product range of systems for straightforward standard applications in the in-house segment, which is very important to us,“ says Manfred Hackl, CEO of the EREMA Group, explaining why they invested in this business. Gabriele Caccia also sees the cooperation between EREMA and SYNCRO as a successful one because, he emphasizes, „the SYNCRO know-how in the blown film industry and our worldwide company group network are valuable contributions to a successful cooperation“.

Tailor-made products, new customer groups

With technological developments such as the INTAREMA® system and the founding of the subsidiary PURE LOOP, which specializes in shredder-extruder technology for the recycling of clean production waste, the EREMA Group has already successfully strengthened and expanded its presence in the in-house segment in recent years. For Manfred Hackl, CEO of the EREMA Group, the acquisition of a stake in PLASMAC is a further step towards maintaining EREMA‘s leading market position: „It enables us to offer in-house customers tailor-made recycling solutions with an attractive price/performance ratio so that our group of companies can reach new customer groups and markets,“ he explains.

www.erema-group.com

x

Related articles:

EREMA Group continues to grow and increases turnover by 16 %

The EREMA Group celebrates the most successful business year in the company's history. Consolidated total turnover of more than € 180 million in 2018/19 represents an increase of 16 percent compared...

more

Braskem, Kautex Maschinenbau and Erema will demonstrate a closed plastic loop

At K?2019, Braskem will provide Kautex Maschinenbau with its innovative bioplastic I’m green™ Polyethylene and PCR for the production of three layer HDPE bottles with foamed middle layer. The result...

more
Issue 2018-06

Successful start for the new EREMA business unit KEYCYCLE

Just four months after the founding of the new business unit KEYCYCLE, it can be seen that EREMA and its range of overall solutions for plastics recycling projects is being welcomed with open doors in...

more

High-quality key extrusion components form basis for Circular Economy

3S is an Austrian manufacturer of screws, spirals and spindles for the extrusion and oilfield industries. They are meeting the increase in demand by investing in the expansion of their manufacturing...

more
Issue 2018-04 Doubling up

New RegrindPro increases production capacity

The high-performance new addition at the Wimblington site is designed for an annual production capacity of 18 000 t, thus doubling the previous capacity. The expectations placed on the fourth...

more